Electrical Engineer Intern – EE Engineering Students (Junior/Senior)
Spectrum Engineers is currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern to fill a paid year-round internship in our Tempe, AZ office. The Engineering Intern position will provide an opportunity for engineering students who are currently seeking a degree in the EE field to get hands-on experience working with engineers in the A/E/C industry. The individual who interns will provide support to senior and mid-level employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
– Develop AutoCad/Revit system design and documentation
– Interact with project team members
– Complete assigned work on time and instruction from the project lead
– Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail
– Evolving knowledge of building codes and industry standards
– Perform engineering calculations
– Develop ability to read plans and specifications
Education and/or Experience:
– Must be pursuing and actively enrolled in a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering as a Junior or Senior
– Minimum of 3.2 GPA Preferred
Key Competencies & Skills:
– Problem solving
– Clear communication
– Attention to detail
– Microsoft Office programs
– Knowledge of AutoCad/Revit a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
– Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the specific ability to work in a team
– Capability to build working and professional relationships
– Flexible working schedule, we are willing to work around individual class schedules. The intern position is anticipating 15-25 hours per week.
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We will take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.